Our Sticky Ginger Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting are the most satisfying and delicious treat. These cupcakes taste exactly as a ginger cake should, they’re bursting with warming spice and sticky stem ginger pieces. The delicately flavoured orange topping is pretty special too. Decorate with a heart or two to turn them into lovely valentine cupcakes.
Our delicious Sticky Ginger Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting are really easy to make. Follow our recipe below and have a try for yourself;
Prep Time; 20 Minutes
Cook Time; 20 Minutes
Servings; 12 Cupcakes
Sticky Ginger Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 110g Butter
- 110g Golden syrup
- 110g Black treacle
- 150 ml Natural yogurt
- 4 Pieces stem ginger (Keep the syrup from stem ginger)
- 220g Plain flour
- 1 Tsp Plain flour – Mix with the stem ginger pieces
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 40g Light muscovado sugar
- 4 Tsp ground ginger
- 1 Large egg
Cream Cheese Frosting;
- 80g Soft butter
- 120g Icing sugar
- 1 Tsp orange extract
- 170g Full fat cream cheese
- 1 Piece of stem ginger – Finely sliced or grated for decoration
- Pre heat oven to 150°C. Line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
- Melt butter, treacle, golden syrup gently until all the butter has melted, mix well.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in the natural yoghurt then set aside to cool.
- Finely chop the stem ginger, add 1 tsp of plain flour and mix so all the pieces are coated, set aside. The flour coating will prevent the ginger sinking to the bottom of the cupcakes.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Create a pit in the centre of the dry ingredients then add the treacle mixture, stir well until combined.
- Add the egg and finally add the chopped stem ginger. Mix well.
- Add equal amounts of the mixture to the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cake is springy to touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- Whilst warm, pierce holes in the top of the cupcakes using a cocktail stick. Push ¾ of the way down then brush each cupcake with syrup from the stem ginger.
- Pop the cupcakes on a cooling rack and allow to cool whilst preparing the cream cheese frosting.
- Place the soft butter in a large mixing bowl and beat.
- Sift the icing sugar and add to the butter. Beat well until light and soft.
- Finally add the cream cheese and orange essence and mix well until completely combined.
- Using a knife add a generous layer to each cupcake.
- Finally top with a little grated stem ginger or decorate to your liking.
For best results, serve the day after baking. This will make the cupcakes extra sticky and delicious.