Our delightful Warming Stem Ginger Oat Biscuits are the perfect treat to enjoy with a fresh, steaming, pot of tea. These yummy treats are packed with just the right amount of sweetness and spice and will leave you wanting more, you may even want to double the batch!
Baking a batch of our Warming Stem Ginger Oat Biscuits takes less than 25 minutes from start to finish. They’re super easy to make and taste great. Go on, bake a fresh batch of these delightful biscuits this weekend to celebrate National Tea Day!
Follow our easy recipe below to create a plate of freshly baked biscuits all of your own;
Warming Stem Ginger Oat Biscuits
Prep Time; 7 Mins
Cook Time; 15 mins
Makes; 12 Biscuits
- 100g Butter
- 75g Demerara sugar
- 1 Dsp maple syrup
- 110g Self-raising flour
- 110g Porridge oats
- 50g Stem ginger – chopped into small chunks
- 2 Tsps ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 170C and grease or line a large baking tray.
- In a small pan gently heat the butter, sugar and syrup together over a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl then add the oats, ground ginger, stem ginger and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the melted mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Create small rounds in the palm of your hand then pat to flatten the top a little. Pop on the baking tray and continue until all the mixture has been used up (approx 12 biscuits) Make sure you space the biscuits widely apart to allow for expansion during cooking.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on the baking tray for 10-15 minutes. After this time they should be hardening a little and will be easier to transfer to a wire cooling rack. Leave to cool completely on the wire rack.
- Once cooled transfer to an airtight container to keep fresh…..or enjoy with a cuppa!
Try adding a few dark chocolate chunks prior to baking for a delicious dark chocolate and ginger biscuit treat.
This recipe also works well with golden syrup should you wish to substitute the maple syrup.
To increase the intensity of the ginger simply add more ground ginger plus extra pieces of stem ginger to the recipe.
We hope you enjoy these biscuits as much as we do!
PS – They’re perfect for dunking in tea!!