Wimbledon and strawberry season are both in full swing so we thought it would be the ideal time to share our easy and very colourful Strawberry Salsa recipe with you. It is the perfect summer party appetiser making it ideal to serve at a summer BBQ with friends or just as a snack whilst watching tennis during the Wimbledon fortnight.
This recipe takes only 10 minutes to create and you can play around with the ingredients to create a dish with just the right level of heat to suit your taste. It’s juicy, colourful and so, so tasty. It tastes even better served with a glass of fizz, such as Amorany Cava Gran Cuvée Brut.
Prep time; 10 mins
Marinating Time; 30 mins
- 160g Strawberries – Hulled & Diced
- 1 Perfectly Ripe Avocado – Diced (Optional)
- 1/2 Fresh Mango – Diced
- 1/2 Small Red Onion – Diced
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander – Washed & Chopped.
- 1/2 Jalapeño – Seeded & Finely Diced (Add seeds for more heat)
- Juice & Zest Of 1 Medium Lime
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Pinch Sea Salt – We Use Maldon
- Tortilla Chips For Serving.
- Place the maple syrup, lime juice and zest in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the avocado, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Before serving, chop the avocado and add to the salsa. Stir well & serve immediately with tortilla chips.
It tastes great without avocado too so feel free to omit this from the recipe. If you add this too early it will start to go brown which is why we add it just before serving.
Change the level of heat by adding more or less Jalapeño. The seeds create extra heat so chuck those in too if you like your salsa with a kick!
The strawberries should be juicy and flavoursome prior to serving, this is why we recommend 30 minutes of marinating time.
If you’re looking for more delicious summer salsa recipes take a look at our ‘5 Summer Salsa Recipes’ where you’ll find recipes for a classic Pico De Gallo Fresh Tomato Salsa, a delicious Grilled Pineapple Salsa, Mango Salsa, Creamy Black Bean Salsa and a refreshing Watermelon Salsa.