If you’re planning a party this new years eve then we have 4 totally delicious and really easy canape recipes for you. We’ve kept them simple as we know most people don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen preparing nibbles for their guests. These small, tasty canapes look fantastic and will certainly start off your party with a bang.
We’ve chosen 4 super tasty recipes with vegetarian options amongst the line up too. With mini jackets, smoked salmon rolls, bruschetta and cheese bites amongst the choices, our top 4 canapes for this new years even party are guaranteed to go down well with all guests. Why not throw a few pigs in blankets in the mix too!
- Mini Jackets With Creme Fraiche & Crispy Bacon
- Tomato & Basil Bitesize Bruschetta
- Cheese Bites
- Smoked Salmon, Dill & Cream Cheese Rolls
- 25 New Potatoes
- 125g Full Fat Creme Fraiche
- 1 1/2 Tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 6 Rashers Bacon – diced into small pieces
- 1 tsp Fresh Chives – chopped
- Sea Salt
- Dash Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add a little oil to the potatoes then toss with a little sea salt. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 40minutes or until soft in the middle.
- Set the potatoes to one side to cool for 10-15 mins.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooling. Dry fry your bacon pieces over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- Mix the wholegrain mustard with the creme fraiche and stir well.
- Cut a small cross in the top of each and pinch the bases to open. Add a teaspoon of creme fraiche to each jacket, scatter with bacon pieces and a few chives.
- Serve immediately & enjoy.
Tomato & Basil Bitesize Bruschetta
Serves approx 4-6
- 1 Baguette or pack of melba toast.
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 Roma or vine ripened tomatoes
- 8 fresh basil leaves – chopped
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- White Wine Vinegar
- Chop the tomatoes finely, discard the hard centre. Add a dash of white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and the basil. Season with salt and black pepper. Set to one side.
- If using fresh baguette, slice into small pieces approx 10mm thick. Heat a griddle over a high heat and add the baguette slices so the chragrilled strips are diagonal across the bread and allow each side to grill for about 1 minute. Alternatively, simply toast under a conventional grill until golden.
- Cut the garlic cloves in half and rub gently over the toasted baguette slices or melba toast.
- Now top with the tomatoes and sprinkle with extra basil (or chopped chives) before serving.
Makes about 25.
- 2 Tbsps breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 120g Macaroni
- 1/2 tsp English mustard powder
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 170ml Whole milk
- 100g Mature Cheddar, grated
- 15g Parmesan, grated
- 1 Egg, beaten.
- Nutmeg, just a pinch!
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Grease a mini muffin tins with butter or oil.
- Cook pasta according to packaged directions, drain throughly and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan, once melted add flour and mustard powder cook for 1 minute. Now slowly add milk. It is important to whisk all the time as you add the milk to prevent lumps. Bring to a simmer, once the sauce begins to thicken remove from the heat.
- Remove from the heat. Add the cheese cheddar cheese, a pinch of nutmeg and a little salt and pepper . Stir until combined.
- Add the pasta to the cheese sauce and mix in the beaten egg until evenly mixed and all pasta is coated.
- Spoon into the greased mini muffin tin.
- Combine the grated parmesan with the breadcrumbs and top each cheese bite with a little parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Best served warm but can also be enjoyed as a cold snack.
Smoked Salmon, Dill & Cream Cheese Rolls
- 200g Pack smoked salmon slices
- 100 g Full-fat soft cheese
- 1 Tsp Fresh lemon juice
- A little wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbsp dill, chopped finely plus extra sprigs for garnish.
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and the chopped dill and lemon juice. Mix together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper if required.
- Lay the salmon slices out on a sheet of greaseproof paper. Thinly spread with the soft cheese mixture, then add a very thin layer of wholegrain mustard.
- Roll up and slice into bite-sized rolls.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, garnish with a sprig of dill before serving.
Autor Tips; As an alternative to salmon this recipe also works well with ham, simply replace the dill with chives and omit the lemon juice.
No party is complete without a few bottles of fizz! Our friends at Squashed Grape have carefully selected a lovely bottle of semi-sparkling rose, 10.5% alc. prosecco; Frizzante Rose Organic La Jara which will compliment our canapé selection perfectly.
Here’s what Andy at Squashed Grape had to say about his selection;
A totally irresistible semi-sparkling rosé from our favourite Prosecco producer, La Jara, but in this case they use a little bit of the red grape, Raboso, to give the wine its lovely pale coral colour. It is dry on the palate and bursting with fresh strawberry notes reined in by the pithy bite of pink grapefruit. We think the packaging is simply beautiful and beautifully simple and we always have a bottle in the fridge in case of visitors as it’s the perfect conversation starter.
We’ve bought you the recipes and fizz suggestions all you need to do now is make a start with the cooking….maybe with a bottle of Prosecco on the go to get into the party spirit!
Wishing you all the best for 2018 from all the team at Appliance House. Happy New Year Everyone.