Try making our oh-so-easy banana and chocolate chip cake recipe for a delicious energy boost!
You will need:
- 4oz (100g) of butter at room temperature
- 4oz (100g) of caster sugar
- 8oz (225g) of self-raising flour
- 1tsp of baking powder
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2oz (50g) chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk to combine the mixture
A medium-sized loaf tin (approx. 2lb)
This cake is very simple to make. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place all the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) into a large mixing bowl and give it a good stir with a wooden spoon or combine using a hand-held electric mixer. Then add the chocolate chips and stir to mix well.
Bake for 50 minutes.